City of Climax
Climax is the highest point on the railroad between Savannah, Georgia, and the Chattahoochee River. The town was laid out and named in 1883 after a branch rail line was built to Chattahoochee, Florida. Later, a second branch rail line was built to Amsterdam, Georgia. The town served as a rail junction and an agricultural community for many years, but was not incorporated until August 11, 1905. It flourished, with businesses, churches, a school, hotels and services needed to sustain the community. With the coming of paved highways and the cutback of rail services, the town's economic strength declined.
Our vision for the City of Climax is that we will attract new businesses by providing improved infrastructure and additional cultural facilities to benefit citizens of all ages.